Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A relaxing evening


Out of the blue, Nicole wanted to play “buy and sell” with me. So, we each set up our store and we had full discretion of what we wanted to trade. Nicole was all engrossed in decorating her “shop” and picking the right merchandise in preparation for the “Grand opening”. Meanwhile, I was just watching over Ethan. The next thing I heard was :

Nic “ Mummy! Where is your shop? And what are you selling? I don’t see anything on display!”
Me “ oh Oh… Here! My shop is right here. And I am selling….. err.. a pig and a monkey!”

Nic “ No! I am so angry! You are selling Ethan and me! Can you sell something else?”

Me “ Hahaha. I am selling a pig and a monkey and I didn’t say I was selling Ethan and you. Where did you get the idea from? ” ( Indeed, that was my trick but I didn’t expect N to pick it up so quickly. Both E and N were born in the year of pig and monkey respectively : )

Nic “ I just know it!”

Then, I got my act together to set up a shop and I had many things on display. I patronized nic’s premise and I bought the chess set and here goes the bargaining.

Me “ Ok, I would like to get that chess set. How much is it?”
Nic “ Oh, it is very expensive but I can give you a good price. Hmm…$20 for you”

Me “ Done. I have all these notes here, you need to come and pick $20 from me, Just $20” ( I had a combination of 2s, 3s, 5s, 1s and 4s for her to pick)

Nic “ Sure. $20….err….ok, I will take 2 and 3, 2 and 3, 2 and 3 and 2 and 3. Thanks!”

Wow, I was certainly impressed that she came up with the $ combination within split seconds all by herself! We went on and on and soon Ethan joined us. All he did was holding a few notes and flashing them at me “ Mummy, money! So much money!”. Then he crushed them all and was prepared to drop them into the bin :(. It was a fun evening with the kids after a tiring day in the office.

6 comments:

Vickylow said...

Wah her math really good leh. Thumbs up to her.

Mumsgather said...

So cute when she says she is so angry you want to sell her and Ethan. lol.

cre8tone said...

She really can count!! Great job!

HN said...

Your girl is smart!
Besides, I love your play; It's a nice bonding time wt the kids!

Angeline said...

I hope more non-stay-at-home mom get to read this... many come home complaining "leave me alone, Mommy had a long day at work, I can't play with you, I want to rest."

Its actually a de-stress to end the day with our own kids, isn't it? *smile*

Administrator said...

Thank you all for your support. Indeed, I look forward to going to work and I certainly look forward to returning home and spending qauality time with my precious. :)