Thursday, October 15, 2009

Japanese again!




Another special day for the kids. How so?

We took a bus! L has been travelling back to back for 2 weeks and I would rather not risk anyone's life by attempting to drive out without an instructor next to me :)(

Upon arriving at our destination, nicole headed straight to the Japanese restaurant instinctively. She has recently acquired a taste for Japanese cuisine. Short of touching the raw fish, she has tried almost 50% of the menu. E.g. Chawanmushi, all sorts of sushi and rolls, soba, udon, ramen etc
E was introduced to Unagi chawanmushi for the first time and he fell in love with it instantly. Not so much the egg but the Unagi! He ate Nicole's share too!
E didnt quite enjoy his kiddy's set and Rose ended up eating his full share plus her own Unagi Handroll, Cold Soba and Chawanmushi! Nicole, of course, licked her plate clean!
As usual, E fell asleep in the bus on the way home. I ended up lugging him home and my arms almost disjointed! A good 16kg of weight (> 3 sacks of rice, in case you need to imagine how strong my biceps are). Truthfully, I dont need any weight lifting. Lifting E alone would get me a perfect score! :)

5 comments:

cre8tone said...

Yummy japanese food :)

Angeline said...

We Looooooooooove Japanese Cuisine too!
I think its the 'freshness' that attracts the children....

Vickylow said...

haha 16kg, really a chubby boy.

slavemom said...

My kids dun really fancy japanese food. Shld I count myself lucky? hehehe

LittleLamb said...

he is heavy....big size...although 2 yrs or 2.5 yrs old only right