Friday, July 2, 2010

To look pretty

Is it a sign of maturity or vanity?

N came to me with a request.

N " Mummy, bring me to the teeth doctor"
Me " Ha, What is a teeth doctor?"
N " A dentist"
Me " Why do you need to see a dentist?"

N " See ? my new teeth? they are crooked. I need to wear braces"

Me " Haha. You only have 2 new teeth and it takes time for the rest to sprout. What is there to be aligned at this point in time?"

N " I just want to look pretty"

To look pretty at 5?? Who is N trying to charm? The boy next door? heehee...

1 comment:

Mama of 3TAs said...

Don't be surprised! I remember when I was in primary school, I purposely put on spectacles even there was no problem with my eyes. My interpretation was: it's cool and fashionable. Guess putting on brace carry the same meaning :P