Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Was it really so funny?

Nicole has been sleeping upstairs with Lawrence for the past 3 nights while I slept downstairs with Ethan, making sure that he was alright. Knowing men, when they sleep, they really mean business and so I couldn't just leave Ethan with Lawrence. I woke every so often to check on Ethan. Thank god, he is on his way to recovery :)

Me " Nicole, was it ok that you slept upstairs with papa?"
Nic " Sure. Papa was very funny"
Me " What do you mean?"
Nic " He cracked funny jokes...and he made me laugh"
Me " huh? What jokes did he crack?"
Nic " He said my name was Laurene Nicole Hong..haha..but it should be Nicole Laurene Hong"

I was like...err? Was it really so funny? but I was rather impressed that she knew how to use the slang, "cracked funny jokes". I would have expected a 4-year-old to simply say "papa told funny jokes" instead :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was about to say that too...
"cracked funny jokes" hmmm...something unusual from a non-ang-mo kid....

Mommy to Chumsy said...

haahaa...her speech is good eh? hey, sorry to hear that your little one is unwell. hope he is feeling better now.

LittleLamb said...

kids are good observers...
they are clever, witty, chatty.....

Administrator said...

hi angie

i guess having an angmo class mate helps in the language development?

hi mommy to chumsy,
thanks for concern. Ethan is almost back to his usual self now, thank god.

hi little lamb
hope phil is better today?