Thursday, October 16, 2008

Being No.2

Chubby is at a stage whereby he is aware of his position in the family vis a vis Nicole. To a large extent, he adores his sister but I can also sense that he feels "threatened". He would prefer to be alone with me than having Nicole circling around me too. Very vividly, every morning, when Nicole is leaving for school, Chubby would wave good bye furiously, as if trying to shoo Nicole off as quickly as possible :(

If they are not playing with each other, Ethan would sometimes go near to Nicole and try to "attack" her in silence! He would poke Nicole with his little pointer or try to pull Nicole's hair. Nicole has been very tolerant to-date, thank god! She would, as usual, "report" to me instead of taking it in her own hands! I am thankful for this as I know some kids would actually victimise the younger ones. I guess I just have to make sure Chubby doesn't feel threatened unncessarily, just so that he would not take such extreme measures to get even with Nicole:(

Do your kids exhibit such behaviour too?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine on the other hand, is the elder boy trying to "kacau" the younger girl, who will usual whine and report to me. I think he finds it amusing and will only stop if we scold him. Asking him nicely won't work anymore.
I guess most siblings are like that.

cre8tone said...

Only have one and only Sean at home... Don't have such problem now~~~ heheeheh~~

Anonymous said...

yup! boys being boys, they normally tries to settle 'scores' on their own without anyone else interference.

we have since been telling them to 'report' instead of 'resort' and they are doing quite well with the new arrangement...though sometimes they still go with their 'male' instinct.

Anonymous said...

I thought it used to be the other way round?

Something About Us said...

sometimes is due to wanting a playmate. boy is more active than a girl and they tends to "provoke" the elder sibling, in order to have pple to play with him. Well, thats describe my son! hehe.

- Ling

Vickylow said...

hmm I thought normally the eldest one will feel threatened. Glad that Nicole will not hit her brother back although di di attack her :)

Administrator said...

thank you all for sharing your experiences and thoughts :)

slavemom said...

My boy will go whack jie jie (real hard) with both hands n silly jie jie just sit still, doesn't know how to move away. :| I'm not sure if it's becoz he feels threatened in any way, or he's just playing rough.