Thursday, October 23, 2008

Self directed film!

It was one of those nights when Nicole just wouldn't lie still in bed. She insisted that her back be scratched till she fell asleep. Certainly, I refused to entertain her. Immediately, she put up a show, thinking that it would win her the service.

Nic " I am so angry with you. I am not going to sleep forever"
Nic " I am going outside now"
Me " Take good care ok, Nicole"
Nic "hmm..hmm...I am not going to come in again"


Within 30seconds, she was in the bedroom again because it was warm in the living room. She figured the bedroom was a much better place to be in, with the aircon on :)

Nic" I am going to sleep on the floor"
Me" Oh, be careful ok? there are cockroaches crawling everywhere"

Automatically, she sprang up onto her bed. The trick worked!

Nic " I think you don't love your daughter anymore. You don't even care about me!"
Me " I surely love you, Nicole"
Nic " I am not going to talk to you forever"

She turned and tossed for a good 15mins before she finally dozed off :) That's how my little tough nut tries to get her way through most of the time, sigh!

9 comments:

cre8tone said...

hahaha!! super funny~

2xMum said...

Hehe... i bet she doesn't mean it of what she said. Reminds me of my childhood... used to say these words like "not going to friend you or not going to talk to you FOREVER!" :P

Anonymous said...

Hey ContentedMum, I have an award for you, do check out my blog yaaa!

Vickylow said...

Look like her show isn't work this time haha

Mummy Gwen said...

Wow..she is so sharp tongue. She is really a tough nut...haha..

Fussy mum said...

hahah...nicole is really good at talking.

Lee said...

Hi Contentedmom, she's just adorable, ha ha.
Yes, its good to have such conversations, ha ha...
Somehow, girls start young being abit a rebel without a cause.

I have been hearing from our friends, boys when young are easier to care for, but daughters? Ha ha.
You have a great weekend, Lee.

LittleLamb said...

i wonder if i can tolerate this type of conversation in the future with my son. sorry to be rude..but i feel a bit no respect??

Anonymous said...

you did great mommy!

for such tough character kid, the more you 'fall' into the trap the more she will not cooperate... ooohhhh you are an intelligent mommy! Way to go! *smile*