Monday, September 8, 2008

A DIY book

After my dental appointment, I popped over to the bookstore before heading back home. I picked up this (interesting, from my perspective) magnetic book for Nicole. It helps kids who are able to read but refuse to, to practise forming sentences.

Nicole was all excited when I showed her the book but not after knowing the purpose of it:(. She just turned her head away :(). To get her interested, I formed a couple of funny sentences for her (The goat drinks tea in the boat). She was laughing away when I read it to her. Thereafter, she was hooked and wanted to play along. I put the respective pieces together and had Nicole rearrange them in the right order to form a correct sentence. She rearranged quite a few sentences on her own. Just to name a few :

*The cat wears a hat *The pig likes to dig
*I can jump

Her interest only lasted for 15minutes before she went on a milk drinking competition against little Ethan :( ). I guess milk drinking is her only expertise, and hobby too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

*laugh* Kids love rhymes and you are doing really well!

rachelsee said...

that is very impressive for a 4 year old!

Mummy In Vain said...

haha....u r very cheeky ya....can at least get ur girl hooked to sth which she doesn't like at first. good job! ;)

Mummy Gwen said...

U are doing a good job in home schooling yr girl. I can learn something from u in teaching my girl too. ;)

Administrator said...

thank you all mummies, for your encouragement...i guess i gotta make myself gainfully employed at home heh?....i like to share my experiences with all who are interested..check under nicole's milestones and sunday class for other discoveries....more to come..cheers

Anonymous said...

Nicole is really smart!!!
This is a good idea, I might search around for a similar book here! Thanks for sharing!

Administrator said...

no worries annie...there are plenty of such books around..should be easy to find...let me know how serena goes ok?..cheers