Saturday, September 13, 2008

The lobster and Nicole

Our neighbour left for their vacation today and Natalie requested Nicole to babysit her pet lobster. Nicole was all excited upon knowing that she would have a pet lobster to play with for the next couple of days. Natalie brought the lobster over last night while Nicole was out. When Nicole came back from her piano lesson, she insisted on feeding the lobster.

Nic " Mom, I think the lobster is hungry. I want to feed her"
Me" No sweetheart, Auntie Terry said to feed the lobster, once a day in the morning only"
Nic " The lobster is hungry. She can have supper"
Me " Sweetie, we have to take instruction from Auntie Terry. I don't want to overfeed the lobster. She will have diarhea and I am not going to clean her buttock for her. Are you?"
Nic " yuks...no way. haha....ok I will feed her tomorrow morning. Can I bring her to my room? I want to sleep with the lobster."
Me " ok"

That was the first episode, a pleasant episode.

The loving and passionate side of Nicole flipped over 180 degrees this morning! She woke up early in the morning and wanted to feed the lobster while I was still trying to catch some sleep. She wanted me to bring her lobster down from her bedroom and I was trying to put her off for as long as I could.

Nic" Mom, wake up. I want to feed the lobster. Can you bring her down?"
Me " dont worry about it. The lobster is still sleeping. It's too early"
Nic " No, it is awake and it is hungry"
Me " Leave her alone for a while. If the lobster is hungry, she will come down on her own"
Nic " NO NO, she won't"
Me " Yes, she will. She has so many legs"
Nic " But she is in the tank!! How can she come down?" (She really flared up!!)

Me " Just go and drink your milk first"
Nic " Fine, I am not going to feed the lobster anymore. I will cook it for lunch today. I will put it in the pot, add some pepper and cook it over the stove! Natalie will be angry with you"
Me " Natalie will be angry with you for cooking her lobster.... ok ok, let's go and get the lobster now" ( I was already wide awake at that point in time...:) ) and I decided to stop playing with her before she broke into tears...She is one real petty goat!:)

5 comments:

LittleLamb said...

hahahaha kids say the cutest things huh....

Lee said...

Hi Contentedmom, go get her one, ha ha.
She's really cute and can carry a conservation too.
Looks like good future for a lawyer, ha ha.

I remember I had several lobsters or udang galahs. Went fishing for them at Tanjong Tuallang, near Batu Gajah and at Kuala Selangor back in the 60's.
They were big too, with long blue claws....

Back in the 60's, so many rivers had these udang galahs.....and my friends and I would bring home easy three dozen or more, each of us. Big makan later, ha ha.
Go get your daughter one....or why not get her those tiny tortoises? Looks like 50 cent coins, bet she'll love it. Lee.

Hazel said...

get Nicole onelah, she is so excited and it's good for them to look after a pet.

Administrator said...

hi littlelamb, u lee, hazel,

thanks for comments...nicole's interest in pets will only last for 3min..will see how she performs these 2 days...else i will end up feeding and cleaning her pet...hahaha

cre8tone said...

hahahhahhaha~~~ She wanted to cook the lobster! ur nicole really very cute la... the way she talks...