Thursday, September 18, 2008

Think, think, think

We were about to go to bed and Nicole wanted me to read this book to her - The wolf and the seven lambs, which all of us would have read during our younger days. Before I started reading, I told Nicole to stop me whenever she had any questions or could not understand the story.

When we got to this page, she stopped me.


Nic " Mom, I don't understand"
Me " What don't you understand, sweetie?"
Nic " How can the mommy lamb cut the wolf's stomach? The wolf would be dead. How can he still wake up for a drink later?"
Me " Ooh, I am so impressed, Nicole. You are absolutely right, this is just a story. It is not real. We know that this can't be done in real life right? I am glad that you are thinking for yourself"

I was really very impressed by Nicole's abililty to analyse :) That said, she only likes to be read to and dislikes reading on her own as it takes up too much brain power, I guess :()

8 comments:

cre8tone said...

Wow!~ I'm impressed too... ur nicole is really a smart gal.. :)

Administrator said...

thanks for kind words..i guess she has an inquisitive mind...:)

Anonymous said...

so clever! Just like daddy!

Lee said...

Hi Contentedmom, maybe she has been watching CSI TV series? Ha ha.
Kids are getting smarter nowadays what with TV, compared to my time when young no TV....ha ha.
Hav fun, Lee.

MommyAngel said...

Hi Irene, I have an award for you in my blog oh http://mommydaddyangel.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-have-received-meaningful-award-from.html

Administrator said...

thanks so much mommyangel..tears rolling down my cheeks :)

...I am actually not as "clever" as you think...I have been so lucky to have received this award from 3 mommies..but I have no idea how to insert the logo..silly me
:(...I spent a good half hour playing with it but no success still :(

Anonymous said...

sometimes i am at a loss of choosing a good chinese book for my girl. OR maybe my chinese is poor.

www.cendrinelim.com

Administrator said...

hi cendrine

thanks for stopping by. I personally think that most chinese books available here are quite good, but certainly not those bi lingual books....for a 2 year old, i guess pictorial books would be attractive. Those with big pic and big words....cheers