Saturday, November 22, 2008

Nicole's lunch menu

I have withdrawn Nicole from her childcare center and put her at an enrichment centre instead. Many reasons to it, standard of food quality is deteriorating, constant change of teachers, teachers don't speak proper English etc.

Now I have to prepare her lunch because enrichment centres do not provide lunches. They only provide snacks. I find it a joy planning her daily lunch menu though it means half hour less of my already deprived sleep.

Rose would do the cooking and I will do the packing making it appetising for her to eat at her school :)


Nicole had soup pasta (ABC soup base - double boiled chicken soup with tomatoes, carrots and big onions), strawberries, grapes and honey water to finish her lunch with. She licked it sparkling clean! I was very pleased knowing that she had taken in all the good nutrients :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder which enrichment center Nicole is going to? :)
I guess you will another mother who gets into bento-ing soon since you have to pack food for her.

Anonymous said...

soup pasta???
I'm curious! won't the soup be all 'sucked' up by the pasta by meal time?

Administrator said...

hi shoppingmum., i just put nicole up at one of the many in the vicinity of bukit timah plaza.

hi angeline,

ha, you obviously missed that little box which i used to store the pasta separately. The soup was kept in the warmer..heehee

DG said...

Welcome to the bento-ing world! It is so much fun to plan and pack bentos, isn't it? *wink*

I can totally understand your concerns about nutrients that our kids are taking in. For me, it is always an utmost concern which is why I picked a school that doesn't provide lunch so I have complete control of what my boys eat. :)