Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sweet little remark

I attended a friend's wedding dinner and I put on my old Vietnamese "Ao dai" (traditional dress). Well, I was glad I still could fit in perfectly as it was an almost forgotten pre-pregnancy item. What was most pleasing was Nicole's remark.

N " Where are you going? You look so pretty in this long dress"
Me " Thanks sweetheart. I am attending a wedding dinner"
N " Oh, then I am sure you will overshadow the bride!"
Me " Ha, thanks for the kind words. I will let you know "

This little girl knows such an interesting word and it was used in the most appropriate context :)

4 comments:

Angeline said...

"Overshadow!!!??"
She said that!?
OMG! You have an incredible kid!
*kudos*

Vickylow said...

Brilliant Nicole she can use such vocabulary

slavemom said...

She really has a way with words. Mummy must be on Cloud 9. ;)

cre8tone said...

I'm so impressed with her vocabulary!~