Tuesday, September 30, 2008

" It wasn't my fault! "






Nicole attended her friend, Yanni's birthday party on Sunday.

The host was very generous in providing a feast for the guests. There was so much food displayed on the table, an international selection is no exaggeration. We had otah, muslim halal food, pasta in various forms and cooking styles, fried beehoon, ham rolls, puffs and pastries, fruits and desserts, beer, wine and kids' friendly drinks of course.

We walked around the table, deciding what to have and Nicole spotted these baby ham rolls. She exclaimed " Mommy, why are there so many baby toilet rolls here? " She has never failed me with her witty observation! :) They did have some resemblance to toilet rolls, though an unappealing description!
Yanni's auntie organised many games which all the kids participated in. The kids had lots of fun playing together. The highlight of the day was none other than the cake cutting ceremony. All the kids surrounded the table, just wanting to get a glimpse of the lovely birthday cake :)

The party ended with a happy Nicole carrying with her a goodie bag and a half filled packet drink. Before she got into the car, I reminded her not to squeeze the packet as it would spill. Obviously, she was too excited checking out the goodie bag to remember anything I said. Given the state of her mind, I could not expect anything less than a spill:( Truely, the moment she got into the car, the sugary drink came oozing out onto her dress and car seat!

Nic " Mom, I spill the drink. I am sorry"
Me " What did I just tell you? Look, you are soaked in sugar water now. The car will be infested with ants. What am I to do with you?" ( in a very stern voice)

Nic " I said I am sorry ok!! Can you hold the drink for me? and can you clean me up?" (flaring up at me for reprimanding her as though it was my fault)

That was aggressive! "e ren xian gao zhuang!" (meaning, you accuse first though you are at fault!). I could see Lawrence laughing away quietly at his driver seat while driving out of the estate! I tried so hard to suppress my laughter too! Sigh! My little tough nut!

6 comments:

Mummy Gwen said...

Haha...she is really fast at snapping back at mommy..hehe..Mommy no need to worry coz I don't think anyone would dare to bully Nicole. :P

Anonymous said...

hey hey...you've got a sharp-tongue girl...you know that! and she is improving by the seconds! *laugh*

Instead of risking, I always take a big mouthful from the packet before passing it to the kids...and instruct them that they are supposed to hold the 'shorter' side, so that even if they press on it, it wouldn't cause much pressure....

many-a-times, its the parents that create all the frustrations...think about it...*wink*

cre8tone said...

angeline, I also think nic really sharp-tougue girl....

Umma said...

What a toughie little one you have, but she is a smart kid that cant be bullied at school.hahaha.

Please visit my site:

http://spicesoflifeeverythingnice.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

She is too smart at her age to pass the 'ball' to the other person instinctively :P Sometimes, we do wonder from where they learn this skill from ...

LindaLow said...

Read your past few post. Nicole is indeed a smart girl. I agree that at this age they tend to talk back and a little bossy. Brandon is also the same and I've been having some prob with him lately too...