Sunday, October 12, 2008

Morning before Raya Lunch (1)

Su invited us over for a Raya lunch (12pm). I told Nicole about the Raya party the night before and she was all excited about it. She slept a little earlier than usual (10.45pm) because I said if she couldn't get up the next day, then I would have to leave her behind, and it worked! :)

Truely, she got up early and was getting restless by 10am. Ethan was trying to get his morning nap and he finally dozed off at 1030am. By 1120am, Nicole was rather agitated by the long wait but she was under strict instruction not to make any unncessary noise when Ethan was napping. Indeed, this super mischievious girl of mine obeyed! But, obviously I underestimated her ability. She went into the bedroom, lying down quietly next to Ethan without the slightest bit of noise. Instead, she touched his hands and his hair (not much though :). Being a light sleeper, that was enough to wake Chubby, so that we could get going to the party!!

Me " Nicole, I told you not to make any noise, didn't I?"
Nic " I didn't make any noise. I was just lying down here and watching Ethan. Then, he woke up" Me " Why did you touch him?"
Nic " I was just checking on him. You only said not to make noise and I didn't"

See what I mean? Her winning rate is extremely high! Indeed, she was not in breach of my "law" and it was my fault for not inserting a catch all clause!! :(

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

its tricky for such an intelligent little one you've got there...you have got to be doubly smarter than that to win...

on another side, but I've stopped using the "no... don't do this..." tactic.

I've written a post about this before... human by nature are 'subject' oriented...eg. when you said, "Don't put your finger in your mouth" children NATURALLY auto-delete the don't.

and what are they left with? "put your finger in your mouth!"

that's why don't doesn't work!my post also used an experiment to show...even adults are like that!!! *laugh*

Administrator said...

hi angeline,

Ya, I cant agree more...this happens to Ethan all the time. Sigh...I can see that he is another Nicole in the making :)(..cheers

LittleLamb said...

ooo i think next time u hv to make your instructions clear enough...

cre8tone said...

She's really very smart!~

btw, got an award for u:
http://cre8tonebabe.blogspot.com/2008/10/butterfly-award.html

Hazel said...

quite clever, haha

Vickylow said...

haha she really good in her way breaching the law without guilty. I guess she can be a good lawyer lol

Administrator said...

dear mummies,

i have to be constantly on my toes, more stressful than corporate work :(