Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Piano again?

Nicole was practising her songs on the keyboard. She was getting restless after a mere 10 minutes. She started thinking of excuses to get off the chair. Seeing that she was no longer keen to practise, I decided to call it a day.

Me " Nicole, ok, let's pack up and get ready for bed"
Nic " Mom, why are you so kind to me?"
Me " What do you mean?"
Nic " You asked me to pack up. So, I don't need to practise anymore, yeah!"

Me " Do you mean I have not been kind to you?"
Nic " Well, sometimes. Whenever you ask me to play the difficult songs"

I was totally speechless! Nicole deemed playing the piano as an unkind order from me! OMG! When I suggested to stop her lessons, she put up a struggle. I really don't know what to do with this super tough nut of mine. Help!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like Nicole is not into piano! probably should let her try some different kind of instruments?! or she just simply need some peer pressure?!

Administrator said...

i think peer pressure is what she is looking for. Unfortunately, this music school does not offer group lessons. So, i guess i just have to persevere in coaxing and bribing. She likes to go for lesson but she doesnt like to practise :(

cre8tone said...

Maybe u try to develop interest in piano for nicole first? play simpler song and praise her more?

LittleLamb said...

i hated my piano lessons. i would cry n cry every time. however my mom was FIRM in her decision. now i regret for not going further. at least i did until grade 8 :p

Vickylow said...

Maybe she got the interest just that lazy to practice.

2xMum said...

I quit piano after 3rd grade! I was pretty lazy to practice playing... but I don't have time for it as I'm all tied up wt school & tuitions! :P

Administrator said...

hi to all mommies...

i think it is in the gene - pure laziness ...heehee. I have myself to blame :(