Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My home orchestra

As much as Ethan is still technically an infant, he is catching up fast and furious with his "jie-jie". He is mild and gentle in many ways but certainly not when he feels that his position is being threatened.

2 nights ago, I was reading his favourite book to him and out of the blue, Nicole came dashing in with her favourite book too. Both wanted theirs read first. Nicole used her best selling weapon (ie tears) to jump Q. Seeing that I switched book, Ethan got agitated. He snatched Nicole's book from my hand, and passed his to me instead, while screaming " Mama, du, du!" (meaning mama, read, read!)

Then there was an orchestra of loud "classical music", intensely painful to the ears! Lawrence was very kind to come checking on the kids. However, as soon as the 2 orchestral instruments pumped up their volume, he just walked out, mumbling " OMG! I am going to work. Keep up the good work. I think I am better off working than looking after them!"

How very helpful, Lawrence!

7 comments:

2xMum said...

Hmm... I guess every babies will be like that huh?

My Ryan also started the orchestra and he tends to snatch things from the 2 yr old kid at my house! Ryan'll snatch every single thing that kid held on!

By the way, mind if I add your blog?

Mommy to Chumsy said...

ahhh...men are like that eh?

cre8tone said...

Would be lovely if can find men who's willing to help take care of kiddos some times... We, mummies oso need a rest some time...

I'm imagining ur Ethan growing up as sharp-tougue as Nicole~~~ :)
U'll hv more and more surprising nice conversation with kiddos to post up in future.. ha!

LittleLamb said...

Yeah i can imagine what u go through...hang in there..just a period..

Administrator said...

hi wonderful life,

Surely not, my pleasure. I have added yours too....happy reading!

hi to all mommies,

thanks for encouragement :)

Anonymous said...

*laugh* its better to make it loud that cold and silent, eh? *wink*

MommyAngel said...

Hahaha ..... that is very helpful of Daddy :P :P Poor mommy ..... cannot imagine few months later if Ethan really knows how to talk like Nicole, what will the situation be ..... hehehe