Thursday, October 9, 2008

One professional reporter!

Nicole is undoubtedly one professional reporter in the making!

She came home from her piano lesson and Rose was waiting to clean her up. There she was, taking her own sweet time, scootering about, turning a deaf ear to Rose. It got onto Rose' nerve after much coaxing. I think the dialog took place something along this line, as I wasn't present at that moment.


Rose " Nicole, hurry up, come and shower" (many times)
Nic " No, I dont need to shower, I am clean " ( many times)
Rose " Go away then"

Thereafter, I came into the picture.

Nic " Mom, Auntie Rose asked me to go away. Can you tell her not to say that to me?" (She came to look for me in the kitchen)
Me " What did you do? Did you do anything to upset her? If you don't like that remark, you go and tell her yourself"
Nic " I didn't do anything. Auntie Rose is so rude"
Me " You go and settle it yourself"
Nic " I told mommy you asked me to go away"


I tried not to side Nicole as I didn't want her to grow up thinking that an "auntie" would always be there for her, completely at her disposal. I guess I can safely keep Nicole at home now, if I ever return to work!

2 comments:

cre8tone said...

Nicole no doubt really hv potential to b a great reporter. ;)

Anonymous said...

that last sentence is classic... its a 'show-off cum threat'... my boys do that all the time, "Humph! I told mommy you did THAT to me!"
Ya, and what are they expecting? of cos is to see me scolding the other...nah, not gonna fall into that, I'm smarter than that you know? *wink*