Thursday, October 9, 2008

My daily routine

I count my blessings everyday. I am very thankfully for all that I have, however insignificant they are in the eyes of others.

Everyday, I wake up with a thankful spirit though I may be dragging myself up from bed due to a lack of sleep. Ethan would be taking a walk by the poolside with Rose at about 730am and I will quickly get my fruit juice and coffee fixed. That would kick start a busy day for me. By 9am, Lawrence and Nicole would be out of the house, going to where they are expected to be. Thereafter, Ethan and I will be spending time together and he would take his morning nap at about 11am ,while Rose gets the housework done before Nicole comes home at 1230pm.

Nicole would nap from about 330pm to 5pm while Ethan would continue to roam about. He has been skipping his afternoon nap for the past 2 weeks. This really drains me out.

Lawrence gets home by 7pm on most days. He would spend some 10minutes with Chubby before he dozes off by 730pm or 8pm. Then, it would be some private time with Nicole. Nicole doesn't sleep till at least 11pm which means I don't get to sleep till almost 12am every night. As a result of the constant waking during the nights to check on Chubby, I don't usually have much quality sleep. :(

This would be my daily routine with the kids. To many, this may be dry and uninteresting especially to the older folks in my family. By their definition of an interesting life style, it would be taking up an important post with a big organisation paying big bucks. Well, head hunters have been knocking on my door since I left the corporate world. Frankly, I sometimes do have the lingering desire to resume my old self - a career woman who aims for nothing but the best. But, with deeper thoughts, I think I can forgo the social status and financial freedom for the sake of the kids when they need me the most now :)

On the other hand, I would love to be able to take up some contract work or part time work which would not take my soul away as it would vis a vis a full time job, in my line of work! That would enable me to fulfil my own aspiration while still being able to spend sufficient quality time with my kids. Well, then this thought would add on to my daily prayer from now on! If it is His will, then it will be done! Amen!

9 comments:

2xMum said...

Wow, Ethan wakes up so early in the morning every day??

I also don't get quality sleep at nite too as my boy would wakes up for feeding at least twice!

How I wish I could be a SAHM! Get to spend quality time and be there when he needs me... sigh, I guess this couldn't happen due to financial wise!

cre8tone said...

Great routine.. :)

Vickylow said...

My gal napping routine same like Ethan. If you wanna Ethan take nap after lunch try skip the morning nap. Let him take lunch early and follow by the nap later :). I bet he will dose off after a 1/2 day awake :)

MommyAngel said...

I think your routine is not that bad ..... Auntie Rose is certainly a big helper.

Part time job is a good idea if you love your job. Sometimes I do constantly thinking to go back to my old job too but by looking at Angel's smile ... I think I'll have left out a lot of such sweet memories with her if I do (I won’t trade that for even a million dollars and no regret at all ) so ..... that kills my eager to have my own career instantly but sometimes, I do dream that I could be a working mom again ... maybe until she is much older when she is at school most of the time and doesn't need me that much anymore, just maybe .... :) but then, maybe I am too old to even start working again, am I?

Anonymous said...

NOpe its not boring...its good that there's a routine...its easier to 'expect' what comes next...

I'm a sleeper, I love to sleep, it is or rather WAS my hobby *laugh* so when you say you are deprived of sleep...ohhhh I know how that feels like!!!

slavemom said...

Luckily my kids nap at the same time. And most times, I'll nap with them. If not, hv to entertain them separately. *bo latt* Moreover, hv to make sure the awake one doesn't make too much to disturb the napping one, altho the bedroom's upstairs.

Administrator said...

thank you all for your tips! much appreciated!

Fussy mum said...

Wah, Nicole still takes her nap? That's good for her. My girl has stopped napping since she was 2yrs old and because of this she can be really grouchy towards the evening :( But good for me as she sleeps very early, she will be asleep by 9.15pm on most days:)

My Diary said...

It is always such a joy to read about the precious time you spend with nic and ethan. You definitely don't miss much in the corporate world especially in this market condition!