Monday, November 10, 2008

My effort is bearing fruits now!


Nicole came back from school, chirping away merrily. As soon as she removed her shoes, she came running to me showing me a lovely heart shaped balloon. She said her teacher gave it to her but she didn't tell me the reason for it. I just thought it was another piece of her art and craft work and so I didn't pursue further.

Then, I checked her communication book and I found out the reason for the lovely balloon. Teacher Claire rewarded her for being able to read a new book titled " Spot" independently, all on her own, without any help! Indeed, my bundle of pride and joy! My effort in coaching her is bearing fruits now! Thank God for this wonderful blessing!

14 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

so smart of her! you must be very proud of her achievement.

btw, can share how to teach kid to read? must learn phonics?

Fussy mum said...

Clever girl! I wonder when my girl can read a book on her own... I'm using flashcards to teach her now.

Any tips on how you teach Nicole to read?

Administrator said...

hi there,

it wasn't easy at the initial stage. I started by making her do spellings. After she has accumulated enough vocabs, then I wrote simple sentences for her to read, based on her pool of spellings. Phonics help but only to a certain extent as English is a peculiar language. Hope this helps in coaching your little ones :) cheers

cre8tone said...

Wow! u must b very proud of her!~

Mummy Gwen said...

Congrats! Really happy for you. You are indeed a very dedicated mommy. :)

Hazel said...

oh, she is so clever..u must be very happy of her achivement

Anonymous said...

Nicole is so smart!! You must be very proud!! :) I just thought about starting Serena to read before she starts in big school. However, she shows no interest in it!! :(

slavemom said...

I'm not surprised. ;) She's been doing so well at home. Keep it up, Nic!

2xMum said...

Well done, Nicole!!

Same goes to mummy for coaching Nicole well! :)

Administrator said...

Thank you all for the praises :)I am blushing now :))

Anonymous said...

me too :-)

Vickylow said...

Well done Nicole, proud of you.

Anonymous said...

wow ! I can feel your joy! well done nicole! she is indeed very smart.

DG said...

Congrats! I can certainly understand how proud you must be of her achievement, especially after all the hard work. Congrats, little Nicole too!