Friday, December 5, 2008

The Lord's plan for me

I don't know how to put this...because it came so quickly that I didnt have much time to digest.

I wrote much earlier that the market demand for tax folks is still strong and growing despite the economy downturn. Since I left my job, there have been numerous aggressive head hunters knocking on my door for various roles which I had politely declined as I wasn't ready to get back to work as yet. The roles were varied, ranging for department heads to senior regional tax managers in organisations of various sizes and industries, many of which were US MNCs.

As you could imagine, my heart was a little unsettled given the constant "knocking". So I prayed. I told God not to send me any jobs in US MNCs in which I would have to deal with night conference calls. I also told the Lord not to give me a job which requires extensive travelling, if it was His will that I returned to serve Him in the workforce. Indeed, the Lord heard me and had been busy drafting out the best path for me.

One fine day, this head hunter called for a post with a Singapore listed company and I thought the scope was interesting as it met my requirements. So, I agreed to the interview which took place on a Friday morning. Guess what, as soon as I got home, before I even had the chance to remove my heels, my phone rang. The head hunter called informing me that the CEO wanted to meet with me on Monday morning. Wow! I thought that was efficient and I agreed to it. The next thing was the verbal offer which came on Tuesday. Then, it was the "cooling period" for me to consider the offer. After some ding-donging, I accepted the revised offer and I signed on the dotted line on Friday! Phew!!....I don't know how it happened but it did!

Knowing that I needed to form a team, the Lord had also arranged for my ex-colleague to join me. The timing is just perfect in every sense. Perfect for my ex-colleague who is working in UK now and will be joining me in January 2o09.

And I am back to work now, by God's grace! So, from now on, I would probably have less time for my blog but that said, I will still keep it alive :) Please do pop over every now and then. I would probably update it 2 to 3 times a week, instead of on a daily basis!

Isn't it just so miraculous? God's timing is just perfect. Ethan was ready to go for half day toddler class last month which I would have otherwise sent him for a 2 hour playgroup anyway. With Ethan under professional care, my heart is settled and I am able to focus on my job now. The Lord's plan for me has always been so perfect and seamless and I am counting my blessing everyday!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that came quite unexpectedly and you sure make your decision fast. You must be very good to have them came knocking on your doors! All the best to your new job and merry christmas to you and your family :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! All the best to your new job!

Given various reasons, we haven't sent Emma to the day care yet, but are considering doing so soon. Hope it'll be a smooth transition for her.

BTW, what's the brand of the shampoo you mentioned Nicole was using last time? My memory is getting really bad lately from the lack of sleep...

Anonymous said...

When your heart is with Him, you can be sure that He is looking out for the Best for you......Congrats!

LittleLamb said...

All the best in yr new job :)
I m sure God has a plan for you and your kids.

Jaanvi said...

Congratulations. That's great... so when are u joining? btw,how old is Ethan now?

Administrator said...

thank you all for your well wishes. will keep you posted of my work progress. I will continue to pop over to your blogs when time permits :)

Hi Lisa,

It is fancl baby shampoo.

Administrator said...

Hi Jaanvi,

Ethan is 18months now. :) time flies

My Diary said...

Good luck in your new job and hope to catch up soon... hope you keep the blog going cause it is always interesting to hear abt how Nic and Ethan is getting on... Cheers, Gek San :)

slavemom said...

All the best to u in the corporate world!

DG said...

All the best! It is important to feel that our kids are in a good place so we can concentrate at work. I am happy for you. :)

Something About Us said...

Go for it! :)

Administrator said...

thank you all for your well wishes. I will surely keep this blog going and it has been great sharing with and learning from all of you :)

KoLe said...

Congratulations!
All the best!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You are back to the workforce again! Hope all work well! :)

Fussy mum said...

Congrats!! All the best to you :)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hey..congrats to you :D so exciting to be going back to work eh? all the best to you :D