Monday, December 8, 2008

My brave little girl!

Nicole went for a school excursion. The children were under instruction to walk two by two, holding hands. Nicole and her partner happened to be the first pair of children walking towards the reception area. I believe the 2 of them were all so excited and walked ahead of the rest and soon they thought they were lost when they couldnt see the rest of the children. Nicole was very brave. She didnt cry. She led her friend to the receptionist.

Nic "Hi, my name is Nicole and I am from XXX school. We are lost. We are looking for Ms S."
Receptionst " Oh dear! Let me try to contact your school"

Before the receptionist could react to the situation, Ms S appeared from behind. Apparently, Ms S had been following the kids but they were too short to notice her amongst the crowd.

Both Ms S and the receptionist showered Nicole with praises and the receptionist rewarded Nicole with a lolly pop.

Receptionist" You are a good girl. I give you a lolly pop"
Nic " No thanks. It is made in China and my mommy says I can't have it"

The adults just broke into laughter in admiration of her maturity :) Ms S communicated the situation to me and I was very thankful that Nicole did not panic and was able to handle it well :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

*clap clap clap* Credits to great parenting!

Lee said...

Hi Contented mom, you sure got one smart cookie there, ha ha.
Wait till she grows up....hard to tipu her, ha ha.
Have a nice day, Lee.

Vickylow said...

Proud of her. She is brave and intellegence :)

cre8tone said...

Wow!~ She really know how to solve the situation without getting panic~ U really educate her very well... Bravo to Nicole and mummy~

2xMum said...

Well done Nicole!!

LittleLamb said...

I would say she is a smart gal.!

Jaanvi said...

Hey she is getting smart day by day... Hey can I ask you something if you don't mind,I didn't understand that china thing???

Administrator said...

thanks mummies and U Lee.

Hi Jaanvi,

Ya, it's due to the China melamine saga. A lot of China products were tainted. and I started work on 1 Dec....cheers

KoLe said...

i am so impressed with her maturity and confidence!

Kristie said...

she is so mature for her age, well taught by mummy :)

i like the 'made in china' bit, so funny!

slavemom said...

I'm vy proud of Nic too! *hugz n kisses to the brave lil girl*