Tuesday, August 18, 2009

No need to work!

At about 10pm, after shower, Lawrence was about to charge upstairs to complete his email. Nicole on the other hand, was trying to keep papa in the bedroom for a while longer so that she could play with him.

Law “ Ok, I gotta go upstairs to work now “
Nic “ No, papa, you don’t need to work. It is already 10 o’clock”
Law “ Yes I do. I need to pay for your piano, you know?” (trying to find an excuse)
Nic “ No, you don’t need to pay for the piano. It’s already paid for when we were at the shop”
Law “ Err….ya,,,you are right, I did. But, I still need to pay for your chinese lesson”
Nic “ No, you don’t need to pay for my chinese lesson cos I don’t even want to go for it. So, now you can play with me”

Nicole, Nicole, you are just so full of ideas!

7 comments:

Vickylow said...

Haha cute Nicole, she wish daddy to spend more time with her leh.

Angeline said...

It makes me really sad reading this....
I'm serious.
I see a bright child, using the best of her knowledge just to keep someone she loves and respects with her.... yet, that love and respect is being brushed off....

A kid doesn't stay this age forever.
A kid will grow OUT of dependency really soon.
Shouldn't parents give that time to them, when the kids feel that their presence means everything in the world?
Cos years later, even if you want to sit and chat, you'll be surprise, she'll rather choose her friends.
Then what? Turn back the clock?

Cynful Pleasure said...

nice to read about Nicole's conversation, and she is full of idea..

MeRy said...

Cute Nicole...

2xMum said...

haha... she's smart and cute too! :)

wenn said...

great to hv the daddy's attention n time. My hubby hardly hv time to play with the kids.

cre8tone said...

Time to play with kiddos are the most precious...