Friday, October 23, 2009

Sweet Little Conversation

When my office phone rang, I picked it up. Not looking at the caller ID, I assumed it was a business call and I answered it professionally. Guess what? It was from my little boy.

E “ Hello, Mummy”
Me “ Oh,,it’s u, baby!. How are you? Have you had your lunch?”
E “ Yes Mummy”
Me “ What did you have? Porridge?”
E “ No Mummy. Soup only. Soup is hot”
Me “ Oh I see. Why didn’t you eat porridge?”
E “ Sorry mummy. I don’t want porridge. I want to eat cheese and bread and I passed urine in the clubhouse”
Me “ What? Why didn’t you go to the toilet?”
E “ No mummy. Ethan passed urine in the clubhouse”

( I found out that he couldn’t hold his urine for long. As soon as he declared his urgency, within seconds he just wee-ed in his pants)

Me” That’ ok. I hope Popo cleaned up the floor”
E “ Yes mummy. Popo cleaned up the floor”
Me “ What are you going to do now?”
E “ I am reading the “Fire Engine Book” in the bedroom”
Me “ I am so proud of you Sweetheart. I will see you tonight. Good bye for now”
E “ Bye bye mummy. See you tonite”

It was really the sweetest call ever. That was the first time he asked to ring me in the office and he conducted such a polite and an intelligent conversation with me :)

3 comments:

cre8tone said...

Can talk so well over phone already! Great job Ethan!

Angeline said...

Aaaawwww....
I love to hear my kids' voices over the phone, but as you know, a SAHM hardly have such chances.
Since I like it so much, I actually wasted some money by getting them to call me when I hid in the room.
*laugh*
I'm such a kid!

Administrator said...

Hi mummies,

thanks for popping over.
and yes Angeline, you are such a big kid heehee...and it was creative though....well done :)