Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lantern Festival




One year has passed by so quickly. This year Ethan was able to participate. His first lantern ever, and hence he was completely captivated by it.

There was a lantern making competition at our condo and as usual, Nicole’s 3 minute passion vanished within a span of 20 minutes when she couldn’t create a lantern superb enough to meet her own standard. She got frustrated and declared that she had withdrawn from the competition and off she went for her ballet lesson, leaving the mess behind. Sigh.

During the celebration, there were lots to eat and to play. Lollipops, mashmallows, chocolates, chips, and of course an assortment of mooncakes etc etc. Nicole surrounded herself happily with all these “once in a blue moon” goodies but I had to put a stop to it before her teeth were melted away by sugar and this triggered below conversation. (By the way, all the residents moved back to the clubhouse from the open area when it started to drizzle)

Nic “ Mummy, I want to go back to the game area to play some games”
Me “ It is raining. I did ask you to participate but you didn’t want to just now”
Nic “ I change my mind. I will come back very quickly”
Me “ Ok, I will ask Auntie rose to go with you. You need an umbrella”
Nic” No. I don’t want Auntie Rose to come with me. Then I don’t want to go anymore”
Me” Ha, I know. You just wanted to get those lollipops and mashmallows, right?”
Nic “ How did you know? I didn’t say it” (pulling an unhappy long face)

Oh Nicole Oh! How could I not know you when I have spent the past 5 years taking care of you and getting to know you better each day?

3 comments:

cre8tone said...

Haha!!! How you know?

Vickylow said...

Mommy know Nicole well huh....haha

Angeline said...

That's what my boy always asked too, "HuH?! How did you know?!!"

My answer to that question would depend on my mood...
*wink*