Monday, December 28, 2009

Magic brain at work!

I was casually chit chating with Nicole and all of a sudden, an idea popped up.

Me " Nicole, if there are 2 girls lining up in front of you and there are 3 boys behind you, how many kids are there in the line, all together?"

Nic " 2 girls plus 3 boys.....and plus 1. So, 6 kids "

Me " huh? why plus 1? "

Nic " Me!"

I was impressed :) as many kids of this age group would have a tendancy to miss out "Me". In fact, I "tested" N with a similar scenario when she was barely 4 (an older post dated 8 October 2008 - Kong Rong Rang Li) and she somehow got it right too. Perhaps, a coincidence :)

I really miss those interactive evenings with Nicole where I was able to read and discuss issues with her in private, while E was in his dreamland. As E grows, he is needing less and less sleep and hence, I have to split myself between the 2 :( and more often than not, I end up with only an hour or so with Nicole on most weeknights, taking away time for piano practice, and her art and taekwondo classes.