Monday, February 28, 2011

CCA vs ECCA

CCA is highly encouraged in N's school. Considering that all CCA (FOC) are conducted during school days which will be a toll on little N, stretching herself over almost one full day, I thought I would just pay an external coach for an ECCA on a Saturday instead. This way, Nic would get to train and learn a sport without having me to worry about her getting lunch (yucky lunch that is) in school and going through the rest of the day in a worn out body.

Quite a number of parents share the same sentiment and hence we have enough crowd to engage the coach. Apparently, she was a medal winner at one of the past Olympics! To be fair, I do see the difference in techniques taught to the children. Well, it is a price worth paying for, I suppose.

While Nic trains, I would do my weekly grocery shopping and L would have breakfast at his favourite coffee shop. Thereafter, we would watch Nic play at the training venue. I would also pack her favourite home made steamed pumpkin cake as her snack. She would come over for a quick bite as and when, just to replenish her energy. Soon, 2 hours would be up and we would head home for a cool shower. Nic would be all rosy and sticky at the end of the training. She is simply lovely wearing those rosy cheeks. :)

No comments: