Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dong Bo Rou & Mantou




Something I had never thought of making but I did eventually, just to see how good it can be. Gosh! It was absolutely superb though it meant 20 laps in the pool to counter the "sinfulness". Together with this, I also made some mantou - plain and with red bean paste - all home made at "Mummy's Bakery"!
We kept the red bean mantou for the following day's breakfast. They just needed a quick steam in order to restore their cottony texture. The kids also packed some to school as their snacks.

A slice of Dong Bo pork in a piece of steaming hot mantou was heavenly! Even N had 2 big servings of mantou sanwiched with 2 slices of fatty meat! Under normal circumstances, she is almost a vegetarian! - She doesnt fancy meat.

3 comments:

Amy said...

hmm... delicious... looks like menu dishes from the restaurant.

Vickylow said...

Wah it look very tempting and presentable leh. Well done mommy.

Administrator said...

Thank you Amy & Vicky. I am still at the trying stage. I really enjoy the process though :)

Join me and you would find joy in it too. :)

Hi Amy, I will upload the recipes over the weekend, as per request. :)