Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Multiplications!


Nicole's memory is pretty good, no question about it and thank god for the blessing! She is able to recite her timestables from 1 to 6 now.

Gradually, I introduced the concept of multiplication to her. She is now able to apply the timestables to solve some basic math problems. She knows that multiplication is somewhat an easier way to add when it comes to groups of the same number. I should think she has a fair idea of what it means when she sees e.g. 5 x 3

Nicole makes me a proud mummy indeed. The only area which still worries me a little is her tantrum. I hope she will outgrow it sooner than later :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog and I have to admit that you girl is very advanced as comparing to kids of her age. Good work!

cre8tone said...

Mummy been doing all the teaching for making nicole so advanced and smart!~ Great job

Activities@home said...

Wow, I am impressed with Nicole's capability. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

*clap clap clap* Hey mommy you did it again! Bringing your girl up to a level she is capable of and not just go by the norm! Well done mommy!

Vickylow said...

Well done. I still can remember I only start learning multiplication on standard 3. haha

Administrator said...

thank you all for all your sweet comments. I guess we mummies belong to the older generation obviously :) Kids these days are much more sophisticated and streetsmart. I am constantly being challenged by Nicole :(

Anonymous said...

well done nicole and good job mummy!!

Mumsgather said...

Wuah. So clever. Can do multiplication already. Clap. Clap. Clap. Hehe.

slavemom said...

*speechless* Nic's really advanced. But something to ponder. Wud she be bored sick in Math lessons in sch when she goes to Primary sch?

Administrator said...

hi there,

I don't know. She has shown signs of boredom by refusing to play with some of her classmates as they dont display the same level of maturity. She clicks better with the older kids. As such, after discussion with her principal, we decided to put her with the K1 kids and see how she fares. She just started with the K1 kids today and she seemed happier. cheers