500g to 700g pork belly
70g spring onions
300ml Chinese cooking wine ( I use rice wine)
60ml light soy sauce
5ml dark soy sauce (a little more if you like it darker)
50g of rock sugar or brown sugar
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook pork belly for 5 minutes. Drain
2. Cut spring onions into long strips to fit base of pot. Slice ginger and sprinkle over.
3. Put boiled pork belly onto spring onions, skin side down
4. Pour in both soy sauces and sugar, followed by wine. Add enough water to cover the pork fully.
5. Bring pot to a boil on high heat, reduce to low and simmer for 2 hours or until the pork is tender enough to be poked through with a chopstick (flipping the pork halfway through)
6. Remove pork belly from pot and put into a steaming dish , skin side up (leave gravy in pot)
7. Steam on high heat for 30minutes.
8. Pour gravy (from pot) over porkbelly when steaming is done.
9.Garnish with your favourite vegetables and your Dong Bo Rou is ready!
10. Enjoy :)
1 hour ago