Thursday, July 21, 2011

Xiao Mantou




Guess what these are?


Hand made "wang wang xiao mantou"! Every single one of them :)


Eversince the plasticiser saga, we have banned all Taiwanese products in our household. E is a big fan of such little treats and I had to figure out a way to satisfy him. If I wont buy them, I will bake them!


They were very well received indeed. Even I like the texture and taste. It is 95% close to the store bought product. Guaranteed healthy with no added chemicals as I only use organic flour and low cholesterol eggs, and sugar of course.

4 comments:

Alice Law said...

Wah... Is should try baking some healthy pastry liao! (Inspired by u)

Administrator said...

Hi Alice,

I am just one health freak, for the sake of the kids, I suppose. I dont have "junks" at home....The only snacks allowed are : chocolates, plain crackers, cheese, yogurt, seaweed, low sugar cereal.

Poor kids heh

Cheers

amy said...

No junks for Jaz too :(
Do u use organic plain flour, how much flour, sugar & egg to use? Do u need to make a dough to proof? How long to bake? Thx :)

Administrator said...

Hi Amy,

I will upload the recipe when I get around to doing so..probably in 2 weeks'time. Please bear with me :)

I use organic flour. No need to proof.

Cheers