Sunday, December 14, 2008

I did it!

Thanks to the rain today, I finally dug up my courage to manouvre the steering wheel which I thought I had it burried more than a decade ago.

I have this fear of driving though I am legally fit to drive. In the absence of Lawrence, who is again travelling, I drove my family to a shopping mall after trying to flag for a taxi for over 15mins but in vain! I am now much more confident just after one trip. I must qualify that I didn't park the car at the shopping mall, Dad did! haha

When I sms-ed Lawrence who is currently in Shanghai, he was overjoyed and couldnt believe that I actually did it! He has been pestering me to drive for the past 5 years but I just turned a deaf ear :) I guess the next thing to do is to re-learn reverse parking, without those sticks at the driving school :( Another uphill task for me !

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's always great to take the first step. :)
Maybe you can learn parking the car at your own parking lot first.

Fussy mum said...

It was a good try!! I am sure you can acquire the skill of parking very soon. :)

Vickylow said...

Good start. Practice make prefect. I would love to drive and fetch my girl myself rather than get a taxi. :)

Administrator said...

thank you all for your encouragement..:) i do incur quite a hefty sum of taxi fare when Lawrence travels. To and fro $30 each day :(

Mommy Lose Weight said...

congrats! I havent master enough courage to take over the driver seat after 8 years!

LittleLamb said...

congrats! continue to have this good spirit n i'm sure u will be driving soon....

Anonymous said...

there is a reverse sensor, and better still, reverse camera. Surely it can't be that hard! Worst case, you will hear a sound if you bump into something, no big deal.

cre8tone said...

U r superb! in everything u did!~

2xMum said...

well done!!

I'm sure you can master the reverse parking skill... :)

Angeline said...

how I wished you knew me earlier!!! I wrote a post about how fearful I was and how Accident prone I was whenever I was behind the wheels and it was so bad, I stopped completely!

then 7 years later, I was driving like as if there wasn't the 7 years of off-the-steering-wheels days......

Administrator said...

thank you little prince's mummy, you are always so supportive and generous with your remarks!


thank you Wonderful life, Little Lamb and Angeline....I really need your encouragement to move forward...:)

Hi Ling That's me,
let's do it together! We can do it!
If I could, after dropping it for over a decade, you can too!

Constance Chan said...

hey 'jia yo' i learnt driving when I was 18 when it was ripe for a license. Then i had this phobia of driving till i reached 30 and finally start to drive! and since then, i've not looked back. it's been a good 10 years of making full use of our driving license too. Before, we always had to renew it but now it's a permanent payment for life, i guess.

slavemom said...

With lots of practice, I'm sure u'd be driving everywhere on ur own in no time. And Lawrence's so supportive. So u hv nothing to worry. ;)